Friday, July 2, 2010

And the Journey Begins...

Well folks, the time has finally come!!! Today is the day I depart on my five week journey through India.  I am a bundle of emotions; excitement, curiosity, nervousness... and many other emotions, which I can't fully describe.
   I began today with a nice 2 mile sprint interval run followed by 40 minutes of stretching yoga.  I felt this was necessary to get myself all stretched out for my two day journey.


   In preparing for my departure, I have been all over the place with nerves and anxiety about what is to come, so I have decided to take things step by step.  To begin with I am super super excited to be able to go to Wimbledon tomorrow!!! (July 3rd) how very cool that my layover is long enough for me to be able to see Betsy (my cousin) Chloe and baby Nina! (her daughters)  as well as go see Wimbledon and perhaps also squeeze in a nap on a horizontal surface as opposed to the lovely vertical airplane seats.
 The next step would be my arrival in New Delhi.  Millions of questions are swirling through my head, but I am doing my best to keep them quiet and simply go with the flow and enjoy each and every moment.
   So... here we go.... I am trying my best to detach calmly from my little one, Daisy, I know Val will take spectacular care of her which is very comforting, but I still can't help but be sad.  So I did the mommy thing and printed out pictures of her to bring with me :-)  I know I know laugh all you want guys, but she is my big furball of love!! Lol I mean wouldn't you miss this face??

   Yea... that's what I thought!! haha

Anyway, so lots of love to everyone!! and I will write tomorrow to update on how awesome Wimbledon was!! and maybe post pictures of the girls :-)

  Ciao!! or wait no..... Namaste!!

No comments:

Post a Comment